Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

We celebrated my first Mother's Day yesterday, and we had a great time just spending time together and reflecting on all that the Lord has given us in our daughters.  Our hearts are full.  Even after 6 months of doing nothing but taking care of Caroline and Ellie, it still feels so foreign that I'm a mother....to twins, no less!  I'm not sure what being a mom is supposed to feel like, but I still feel like me....with a slightly deeper capacity to love and protect that I pray will grow everyday as we learn what it means to raise a family.

Ellie in polka dots and Caroline in stripes....I'm pretty sure!

Ellie on left, Caroline on right


The strange idea of being a mom makes me wonder what it must've been like for our moms raising babies.  I think we all have this strange idea that our mom's were born into their role of motherhood, and it was the most natural thing in the world for them....when in reality, they probably felt exactly like I do....amazed at how life has changed, wondering what the role of a mother is supposed to look like, excited about what the Lord will do in the life of their babies, scared that their short-comings will shine through like a beacon, and desperately praying daily that the Lord will enter the hearts of their babies and keep them close.   

Thank you to Mom and Sharlene for always being there for us.  There's nothing like needing your Mom/Mom-in-law as you try to raise your own babies as we desperately look to you for advice, support, encouragement and just someone to talk to.  I guess the nurturing of your babies never stops....even if they're in their 30's.

We love you both so much!




About at the age that Caroline and Ellie are now
I guess rubber duckies are timeless


Caroline and Ellie have Blake's mouth

From Blake's and my baby pictures, it is clear that Caroline and Ellie won't be getting a haircut for at least a couple years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment