Thursday, May 16, 2013

Scootin Around

Caroline and Ellie are still working on sitting up by themselves, but they are scooting and rolling on their sides which has greatly influenced their reaching capabilities.  They are still at the point where I can lay them down and walk away, but I think I'm on borrowed time when it comes to leaving them unattended.

I briefly walked away from them the other day, and I found Ellie, the escape artist, on her way to....well, not exactly sure where.  All I know is that the floor hasn't been mopped in awhile [code for I can't remember the last time I did it].  I'd better get on that.



In efforts to keep it interesting around here, I'm constantly having to change up what the girls are playing with and how they play just so they stay content.  They think sitting up in their bumbos while attacking the hanging toys on their playmat is cool....for about 5 minutes, and then it's "okay, Mom, NOW what?"

What they really want is to be held.  Sadly, they know they will win and its just a matter of time before I'm holding both of them, pacing and bouncing around the house until my lower back can't take it anymore.

I know, my brother tells me I have a weak core and I need to work on that.  ....Right after I get those floors mopped.


Caroline

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment