Thursday, June 20, 2013

Visiting Yiggie and Pa!

We had such a wonderful time visiting Yiggie and Pa, which is what all the grandkids on Blake's side of the family call his parents.  Who knew 3 weeks could go by so fast.  We had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends, and even still, there were still people that I didn't get to see.  It's amazing how much I can't get done with 2 babies in tow.  (How many times have I said that??).

The girls mastered sitting up and rolling over with ease while we were there, and they both had some new teeth pop through.  Ellie had her top 4 teeth come quickly in all at once, and Caroline got 2 teeth with 2 more slowly making their way.

I did a terrible job taking pictures while we were in Bakersfield, and I'm crushed.  I had big plans of making a little baby book with a picture of everyone in the family for the girls to have, but clearly that's not happening right now.  We'll be there for Christmas, so I guess I can refresh my good intentions during that visit that will, let's be honest, most likely have a similar outcome.

Thankfully, these girls are adorable (I say with complete objectivity), so even a picture taken on my "2009-definitely-not-smart-phone" or Blake's phone is a keeper in my book!

With their Great-Grandma Winnie!  We saw her almost every morning, and it was wonderful!  The girls definitely knew their Great-Grandma after a couple mornings, which warmed my heart.

Visiting the firehouse and Uncle Cole.  Thanks Vanna for sending me this picture!  :)  All the cousins got to go to the firehouse and visit - absolutely adorable!

Playing on the floor at Yiggie and Pa's house.  The girls mastered their sitting up skills while were were there!

Ellie and here Daddy!  It's difficult to tell in this picture, but Ellie developed a freckle on the top part of her forehead right before we arrive in Bakersfield.  It was very convenient for everyone knowing who's who.  Plus, Ellie always sucks her left hand, which is always a giveaway!


We borrowed a lot of pack-and-plays and cribs while we would go visit people's houses.  This is Caroline and Ellie passed out together in my friend, Annah's crib.

The girls started sitting in high chairs for the first time since they could finally sit up by themselves.  They really got to the point of enjoying their baby food too.  It's amazing how much they changed while we were there!

Flying with Ellie, who didn't want to sleep on the flight since there was so much to observe and people to look at through the seats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment