Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Daddy Means Business

Caroline and Ellie have razorblades for fingernails, and the tedious chore of cutting them is my least favorite thing I do for them.  The girls do not like for me to cut their nails and they fight me every step of the way.  Both of them.  They thrash around, pull their hands away, and after an hour of wrestling these little 16 pounders to free their fingers, I give up with maybe only a couple nails clipped between the two of them.

On the other hand, when Blake cuts their fingernails, they sit there like angels.

With Ellie
They let him just cut away without making a noise...

With Caroline
....or trying to pull their hands away....



....or crawl out of his lap.

Ellie

Blake says that it's because the girls know when Daddy means business.

Caroline
Hmmm.  Maybe it's the way that they sink in this lap and they can't easily move, or maybe because he is strong....or maybe because they really do know when Daddy means business.

Either way, it's sweet, and I'm happy for Blake to be on fingernail duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment