Friday, August 23, 2013

Sweet Caroline

Caroline is the firstborn...by one minute.  Does that count?  Not sure.  

She is determined, curious, observant, busy, on the move, and gives you the biggest smile that stretches from ear to ear.  

When she's not feeling like taking a nap....she is NOT going to take a nap.  Lately, she's been standing up in her crib, facing the door waiting for me to come rescue her and while she's waiting, she bites the top of her crib.  When I come get her, she has flecks of white paint from the crib on her cheeks.  

I think there's a negative connotation about eating paint chips as a kid.  

The other day, she woke up early from her morning nap and greeted me with her huge smile and bouncing legs as I scooped her up.  Ellie was still passed out, so I had some one on one time with Caroline, which is a rare thing that I always treasure.  After awhile, I put her in the swing hoping she might fall back to sleep.  

About 20 minutes later, this is what I saw.... her sweet little self, sitting contentedly, listening to the music and sucking on her pacifier.  


There's just something about this that melts my heart.  I was just watching her wondering what she's going to be like in a year from now and even when she grows up.  I sat there praying for her....praying that she would come to know the Lord at a young age, that she would find a life-long best friend in her sister and that she would be confident in who she is in the Lord.  

I love these girls.  I love being their Mommy.  

...and hey....I love these swings!  Just sayin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment