Friday, September 20, 2013

Yiggie and Pa Visit

Blake's parents (affectionately known as Yiggie and Pa) came for a visit the first week in September and we had a great time.  Caroline and Ellie were at 10-1/2 months old and doing new things every day.


With the girls taking two naps a day and then going to bed at 7pm, there's not a whole lot of time in the day to be on the go, and so most of our days were filled with hanging out around where we live and just playing.  

Caroline and Ellie absolutely loved all the attention.  There were so many arms to hold them, which is almost always their preferred way to spend the day.  They don't get it near as much when it's just me...my arms get tired holding the both of them.  Sharlene and Kenny have it down though.  I just tell them to do that for a half hour multiple times a day...it's built in strength training.  



There's something about watching Sharlene and Kenny love on these baby girls that fills my heart with an explicable joy and thankfulness to the Lord for giving me the gift of marrying into such a wonderful and godly family.  


I look at this picture above and I'm overcome.  I always knew my parents would by goo-goo over my kids, but when you see your inlaws freely giving that same affection, it's a different feeling.  

These girls have two sets of Grandparents that love them deeply and will be able to teach them and speak into their lives in ways that Blake and I won't be able to.  Once again, my heart is full.


We don't get to see each other as often as we would all like, but our visits are sweet and there will always be something special about Caroline and Ellie anticipate the times with their Yiggie and Pa come to visit and when they get to go to their house.


I can see it now....Caroline and Ellie doing endless amount of Christmas baking with Yiggie...


....and getting Pa to play endless amount of chase and camp outs in the backyard....


This is only the beginning of a lifetime of memories.


Thank you, Sharlene and Kenny, for a wonderful visit.  We love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment