Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Clean-Up Crew

I call the twins my little puppies.  They follow me around as I imagine a little puppy would do.  They  are constantly holding on to my ankles and pulling up on my legs.  One baby per leg.  It's times like these that I always think, how do people with triplets do it?!?

Caroline standing up, Ellie on the ground

I think they got smart one time while clinging to my legs and realized that the cabinets open a whole new world of exploring and mess making that they hadn't yet tapped in to.


Sigh.


They had a blast licking and banging every single tupperware and lid on the floor.  Crawling around listening to the noises of everything sliding along the tile was also thrilling...and then of course, taking a break to lick the black squares on the floor.

(The black squares on the tile have the same effect of Caroline and Ellie as the squirrels did on the dogs in the movie, "Up".  Anyone know what I'm talking about here?)


Ellie licking the tile.  Those black squares can be so distracting.
The sound of our beatiful cabinets banging open and shut makes my heart beat a little faster.  Observing how the doors bounce back with a slam after they fling them open was a total mystery to them.  I'm not sure how pretty our cabinets are going to be looking in the next couple months.

Ellie
All of this was a total blast for them, which of course lasted no longer than 5 minutes.


Once the cabinets were empty, they looked at me as if to say, "What's next, Mom?"


...and off they went to unload the laundry basket, as I clean up the tornado that hit my kitchen.  I have a feeling our dishwasher will be working some major overtime!

Whenever we are out, people always stop me and ask me how it is with twins.  I always say that it is so busy, but it's so fun.

As the girls get older, I continue to stand by that.  I'm starting to get a little nervous about them walking.  They are so fast and into everything right now...I can't help but think what it's going to be like in about a month or so.


We are bracing ourselves.  In the meantime, we're enjoying these chunky legs and bellys hanging out of their tutus.

No comments:

Post a Comment