Monday, November 18, 2013

My Homing Devices

Blake calls Caroline and Ellie my two little homing devices.


They are happy to play with their toys as long as I am within a 5 ft radius and can be seen at all times.


If I even make a move to the other side of the room, they are right there.


They are really enjoying their new toys, but if I even make a move toward the kitchen, my two little homing devices immediately abandon all toys and are at my heels going where I go.  (literally trying not to step on them as I walk).


Plus, they know the kitchen supplies a whole cabinet full of tupperware for them to unload.


These girls have also still not grasped the idea of personal space.  Since birth, these two little bodies are always on top of each other and always seem to migrate toward one another no matter where you put them.  They have all this space to spread out, but the spot they always want to sit is right where the other one is.


The problem with lack of personal space is that it provides so many opportunities for them to bite each other on the face, ear, arm, whatever.  Despite my best efforts to keep them from biting each other, someone is always sporting a nice set of teeth marks from her sister.


The other day, Ellie received a little payback from stealing Caroline's pacifier and was wearing a full set of Caroline's teeth marks on her face that was bruised and nearly broke the skin.  She screamed, I cried, Caroline just sat there happy to have her pacifier back, and Blake was left to comfort us all.


After we all got over that, Caroline and Ellie went back to normal, sitting on top of each other and tracking my every move.

Just a typical day for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment