Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Shots and Smiles!

This morning, Caroline and Ellie had their 4 month check-up which ended in getting shots.


I look forward to their doctor visits.  The girls get weighed, which I somehow internalize as mark of how well I am doing as their mother.  I absolutely love their doctor, and if I could make a weekly visit for the fun of it, I would.


Caroline (wearing the pink in these pictures) weighs 12lb, 5oz, and 24 inches long.  Ellie (in purple) weighs 12lb, 2oz and is 23.5" long.


The visit ended in the girls getting two shots and an oral vaccination.  It breaks my heart to hear that kind of cry.  Thankfully the nurse stayed with me afterwards to help me hold them and calm them down.  Poor things.  They napped well today and went straight down when we put them to bed at 7pm, which is their new and improved bedtime these days.


Caroline still goes to bed with a pacifier.  She loves to suck on her hand, but she has never quite been able to master the thumb sucking despite our best efforts to encourage it.


Ellie, on the other hand, rarely uses a pacifier except on days like today when she's unusually upset.  When we lay her down to go to sleep, she immediately looks for her thumb, and goes straight to sleep.


Ellie is the one with the fiery personality...


...she makes loud squeals (and often)....


...and when she gets upset, she gets MAD.  Blake and I think she's going to be the spokesperson for the two of them for anytime they want permission to do something, or for those times when they try to explain why they shouldn't be in trouble.


Caroline squeals and coos in a softer voice than Ellie.


She has that perfect little freckle on her back which we used for the longest time to tell the two girls apart.  Now, at 4 months old, the girls are starting to look more distinct and we can almost always know who's who at any given time.


Caroline is also the one that is more even-tempered.  It's not that she's more easily pacified (I'd say the girls are about tied on that one), but Caroline doesn't get quite so mad when things don't go her way.



Both girls love to be held equally as much.  They never seem to mind when they're piled on top of each other in my arms, as long as they both have a spot!



Our friend just let us borrow these Bumbos today.  We're loving our new toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment