Thursday, August 1, 2013

Skyping with Yiggie

Almost everyday with are either skyping with my parents or Blake's parents.  It's not the same has having them here, but when you live either a 3 hour (Bakersfield) or a 35 hour (Perth) plane ride away, it's the best we can do.


Caroline and Ellie are into the computer as I'm sure all babies are.  Just like our cell phones...anything they're not supposed to have becomes their fixation and their favorite toy when we're not paying attention.


Even though they like the computer, though, we really think that they recognize their grandparents on the screen.  It's cute.  They smile and wave their arms when the familiar faces and voices appear.

Sharlene singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to the girls
I like to complain to Blake about how modern technology, although convenient, is often a distraction.  (I know, I'm annoying!).  Skype, however, is one of those things that I warmingly embrace.  My kids get to grow up seeing their grandparents everyday....well, sort of.

We love you and miss you....Yiggie, Pa, Grandmom and Grandpop!  See you later today on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment