Thursday, May 22, 2014

What Feeding Yourself Looks Like at 18 Months

After talking about Caroline and Ellie's whole "learning to feed myself" stage that we're in right now, I thought we'd should add a few more descriptive photos.  


They love to eat out of a bowl or plate, but Ellie is the worst offender when it comes to throwing her mealtime paraphernalia on the floor or dumping all the contents on her tray, or on herself.



The funny thing is, she absolutely knows that I'm not okay with this.  Now, when she throws something on the floor, she immediately looks at me and taps the table with her hand.  I often ask her, "where does __ go?  It goes on the table."


So now, I guess, just to speed up the whole conversation, she preempts my question with just giving me the answer by pointing to the table.  As if this makes it okay, and I should give it back to her.  Sigh.


Caroline, on the other hand, is focused.  She will work the food in that bowl until its gone...or until Ellie reaches over and takes it from her...and then of course, ends up on the floor.....


....where most things of Ellie's ends up.


Well, what can I say, at least they're cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment