Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

Blake and I hosted Thanksgiving this year and somehow we managed to go yet another year without actually roasting a Turkey ourselves.


A couple months prior, we were looking at spending a quiet Thanksgiving with just us, and so we invited a couple of foreign exchange university students to join us for dinner.

Then, David and Angie offered to make the trip down to Houston and spend the weekend with us, which immediately elated us.

Then, my parents decided that they would join in since they basically moved down the road from us a couple weeks prior.  Anchorage isn't exactly close, but compared to Perth, they might as well be living down the street....and I mean that in a good way!

Then, we found out our neighbors weren't going anywhere for Thanksgiving either, so we invited them over as well.

Then, all of a sudden, our quiet and simple Thanksgiving that we were originally anticipating turned into a house with every bedroom taken and 16 place settings for dinner.

It was awesome.  And we hope we have many more Thanksgivings like this.

The guys watched a lot of football that weekend.  I was told that Dallas won, Auburn won the Iron bowl in the last seconds of the game.  And despite us ALL wearing our Aggie gear on gameday, including my 2 percenter self, the Aggies lost.  Hmph.  Maybe it was because I didn't wear my throwback tee with paint all over it.  I'll try that next year.

We girls did a bit of shopping.  We shopped for Christmas presents that led us to spending way too much time in Macy's looking for slippers that weren't too "hungry" looking, according to my mother.  I still laugh every time I think about it, even though I'm still not exactly sure what that even means.  I blame Angie.  When she gets laughing, we're all dying laughing.  We ended our shopping trip with retracing every step we took in the mall looking for my mom's non-hungry looking slippers that got left...somewhere.  We found them. 

Blake and I also took our first Christmas card photo with the twins.  Blake is into the Christmas cards.  It's been a family tradition of his since he was a teenager, and since Blake and I met as a result of the infamous Souers Christmas photo of 2008, we've decided that it's a tradition that we need to

No comments:

Post a Comment